Equipping the People of God for Effective Ministry in a Hurting World
The Pastoral Counselling Institute brings into creative dialogue the disciplines of theology and the behavioural sciences in order to provide pastoral educational programs and counselling services for the community. The Pastoral Counselling Institute emerged from a desire to develop an integrated model of pastoral care and counselling that took account of the richness of both theology and the behavioural sciences. To achieve this goal the Institute has established training programs from basic to advanced levels, counselling that incorporates a faith dimension and community programs that offer practical support to people in need. PCI is a recognised ministry of the Uniting Church in Australia – NSW/ACT SYNOD and a registered Organisational Member (SCA1745) with Spiritual Care Australia. Some words for our Adolescent & Family Counselling service
- Adolescent & Family Counsellor
- We provide a free counselling service for young people (aged 12 to 20 years) and their families.
- Adolescence can be a difficult time for some young people who may experience conflict with their families, problems in school or in relationships with their friends. Parents can find that parenting adolescents is very challenging.
- Sometimes a family needs to talk to someone who can give them a new perspective and assist them to find better ways of communicating with each other. Talking with a counsellor can help.
- The service is available to anyone who lives in the Hills/Parramatta area.
For more information visit the Pastoral Counselling Institute website